AARC Conference to feature Bristol and Kingsport!October 15, 2012
The American Association of Retirement Communities Conference will be held at MeadowView Oct 24-26. The theme is “Livability is Ageless”. On Wednesday evening we will howl with the wolves on Bays Mountain. On Thursday evening the group will have a bus tour of BMS and Downtown Bristol before ending the evening on the rooftop in Downtown Kingsport. A very special flat fee price of $75 has been negotiated for local attendees. This is your invitation! Please take advantage! Go to www.aarcdailyguest.org to register online asap.
The optional Thursday night excursion is an additional $55.
Who should attend? Anyone who is interested in the demographic trends of baby boomers: Investment brokers, homebuilders, real estate sales & development, mortgage brokers, planners, economic developers, downtown advocates, Chamber and tourism professionals, recreation, healthcare, etc.
• Reinventing Communities to Meet The Needs of Changing Demographics, Jason Tudor, Director Of Outreach, AARP
• Retirees, More Than Just Homebuyers Are Community Assets, Dr. Jim Taylor, Harrison Group
• Retirees are Leading Housing’s Recovery, Presenter: Dave Robertson, Editor, Ideal Living Magazine
• Hilton Head: Polishing The Apple For A Sustainable Future, Michael Notartomaso, President, The Hilton Head Group
• Interactive Marketing for Today's Retiree Buyer, Presenter: Jason Murray, Interactive Marketing & Analytics, The Barule Group
• The Role of Tourism Development in a Community’s Role of Attracting Retirees, Presenter: Dr. Steve Morse, University of Tennessee
• New Age Marketing Techniques and Unusual Legal Considerations, Presenter: Frank Carmel, Partner, Carmel & Carmel
• Livability, Presenter: Shelly Jackson, Public Relations Representative, Green Valley (AZ) Recreation, Inc.
• Lively Livin’ Downtown! Presenter: Kimberly Nyberg, Tennessee Main Street Director Free Afternoon
• The AARC Seal of Approval: New Ways to Attract Retirees to to Your Community, Presenter: Bill Houghton
• Measuring the results. Does your community understand the economic value of attracting newcomers/retirees?
o Presenter: Jeff Fleming, Assistant City Manager for Development, Kingsport, TN Harvey Yamagata, Buxton Customer Analytics
• Merging All Stake Holders Panel: Shelly Jackson, Linda Mayhood, Jeff Fleming and Wade Adler