The Bristol Public Library & the American Red Cross work together for the Holiday Mail for Heroes program!October 31, 2012
The Bristol Public Library is working with the American Red Cross on the Holiday Mail for Heroes program. The Main and Avoca Branches of the Bristol Public Library will serve as drop off points for the holiday cards. Cards are being accepted from now through November 21st to ensure enough time for sorting and mailing. Card Guidelines from the American Red Cross are below:
• Please ensure all cards are signed
• Please send all cards with short appreciation comments. Do not send letters.
• Please do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as this program do not foster pen pal relationships
• Please do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process
• We also ask that cards do not include glitter because some cards may end up at the bedside of a wounded service member and glitter can aggravate existing health issues.
• If you are mailing a large quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as all cards will be removed from envelopes before distribution.
We encourage the community to participate in this program and send a touch of home to Military Service Members, Veterans, and their families around the world.
The library is open Monday- Thursday 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Friday- Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays 2 p.m.-5 p.m. For questions about this event or any library programs, call 276.821.6148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.