June 17, 2016 | 12 am
Downtown Bristol | MAP
On Friday, June 17, 2016, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., downtown will be filled with art lovers as several galleries and some local favorites join together to host another Art D’Vine event! This art walk offers patrons the chance to gain after-hours access to merchants, sample domestic and international wines, and enjoy a range of works from artists across the region.
As with the previous gallery hops, participants are invited to stroll around Historic Downtown Bristol, stopping and enjoying all that our downtown has to offer! Refreshments will be provided and many of the galleries will feature different varieties of wine for sampling. The Art D’Vine galleries will be highlighting various special events, releases or artists. Participating venues include Benjamin Walls Gallery, Kil'n Time Contemporary Ceramic Studio, A Work of Art Gallery & Gifts, Damsel & Daisy Home, and Hatching Perspective.
The Art D’Vine galleries will be highlighting various special events, releases or artists, including:
- Benjamin Walls Gallery – Benjamin’s highly anticipated Tennessee State Museum exhibit is finally here! Benjamin is the first ever Tri-cities artist to have a solo exhibit at the state museum and we are celebrating this milestone with our best offer of the year: Now throughJuly 1stonly: 15-20%OFF +0% for 12 months when you pre-orderBeyond, the newest coffee table book from international award winning Artist, Benjamin Walls. The book will feature a foreword by country music icon, Dolly Parton. For more information, call theBenjamin Walls gallery at877-989-2557.
- A Work of Art Gallery & Gifts — The 40+ local artist vendors have been working hard to bring in new work for you! Small, unique items that make great Fathers Day gifts are available starting at $2 – gifts like hand-painted wine bottles, handmade pottery, postcards and note cards. Larger items from $20–$1,000 will truly make a statement – paintings, furniture, photographs, and stained glass.During this exclusive after-hours shopping experience, you'll have help from multiple artists on-site, so you can be sure to find A Work of Art – a truly unique and memorable giftto give this summer! Be sure to check out the latest works from featured artists for the month of June: Virginia Hiss and Nyela Hand Cohoon.
- Kil’n Time Ceramic Studio – Be sure to stop by Kil’n Time Ceramic Studio for a special discount during Art D’Vine only! Kil’n Time is one of the largest paint-your-own pottery studios in the nation, and it’s located in Downtown Bristol! They offer a wide selection of ready-to-paint ceramics for both children and adults, as well as fused glass and mosaics. Not a natural born artist? Not a problem! Kil’n Time now offers new coloring book bisque – they outline the design, you make it your own and color it in!
- Damsel & Daisy Home – We welcome Damsel & Daisy Home, an extension of The Distressed Gentleman, to the Downtown Bristol community. Get an exclusive shopping experience one day prior to the grand opening by participating in Art D’Vine! They will have a variety of home décor to shop, including handmade soy candles. Also on display will be water color pieces by Geneva King!
- Hatching Perspective – The Bristol Virginia School Board office on LeeStreet will exhibit artwork completed by Bristol Virginia Public School students for public viewing.
This event is free to the public, though there is a suggested one-time donation of $5 with the proceeds supporting the work of the Arts & Entertainment District of Historic Downtown Bristol, TN/VA.