Who Art You? Summer Art Camp — June 2014
June 23, 2014
Another Who Art You? Camp in Historic Downtown Bristol — and we are finding lots of budding artists and creativity galore! Here's what they got up to:
* Day 1 — The WAY campers made personalized chalkboards and pottery wind chimes at Kil'n Time, created their very own versions of the famous Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion posters (to be displayed in the Birthplace of Country Music Museum in September!), and improvised some fun art activities.
* Day 2 — The campers made batiks and tie-dye t-shirts at One of a Kind Gallery, had a fun tour of our very own Pointer Brand, and embraced their inner yogi with some great yoga poses!
* Day 3 — From the collage and painting project at blowfish emporium and a series of tall tales with the Beaver Creek Storytellers to karate chops and breaking boards at Japan Karate Do, Wednesday was jam-packed!
* Day 4 — The campers made beautiful music with Canjoe John and embraced their inner skeptics while learning about the ghostly happenings during a tour of the Paramount — plus a surprise Wurlitzer moment! And in the afternoon, they danced like no one was watching at the Bristol Ballet!
* Day 5 — Today started off with a bang! Bridgeforth Design Studio and special guests the First Appalachian Robotics team shared robots with the campers, who then designed add-ons for the robot and their own robots! Lunchtime was spent at Tunes @ Noon at the Paramount and running off some energy in the park, followed by rock painting at 606 State Street Gallery. The closing receptions gave everyone a chance to be sociable and the campers shared their mad canjoe skills!
What a terrific camp we had — thanks to all the campers, youth counselors and arts businesses and activity leaders!