Sun, Nov 19|
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2023, 7:30 PM
Paramount Bristol, 518 State St, Bristol, TN 37620, USA
About the event
Joan Osborne is an 8-time Grammy nominee and multi-platinum selling recording artist. A native of Kentucky, she moved to NYC to attend NYU Film School, but dropped out after becoming involved in New York’s downtown music scene.
Her 1995 album Relish was a critical and commercial success and spawned the international hit single and video “What If God Was One Of Us“. She directed the video for Relish’s second single St. Teresa and created the artwork for the album’s physical package. She has traveled the U.S. and the world for over twenty-five years performing in clubs, theaters, arenas and stadiums, with her own band and as a featured vocalist.
Career highlights include:
- Founded her own independent label, Womanly Hips Records, in 1991
- Duets with Luciano Pavarotti, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Patti Smith, Emmylou Harris, Isaac Hayes and many others
- Touring with the post-Jerry Garcia Grateful Dead and with Motown’s Funk Brothers
- Co-headliner for Lilith Fair tour
- Performing for The Dalai Lama at his monastery in Dharmsala, India
- Featured artist at the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo, Norway
- Opening for The Who at NY’s Madison Square Garden
- Producing two critically-acclaimed albums for Americana stalwarts The Holmes Brothers
- Performing before a crowd of 100,000 at the Olympic Games in Atlanta
- Touring the U.S. as co-headliner with Mavis Staples
- Recording and performing with side project band Trigger Hippy, founded by Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman
Doors open at 6:30 pm. Our Box Office opens 2 hours before showtime. For shows not already sold out, tickets will be available at the door on the day of show for an additional cost of $5 (+tax and service fee). BUYER BEWARE! Third party tickets (StubHub, eTix, VividSeats, etc.) will NOT be honored. Tickets are available via paramountbristol.org or our Box Office ONLY. All sales are final. Refunds and exchanges are not permitted. Outside food and drinks are not allowed.