Believe in Bristol Announces Ben Collins Memorial Entrepreneur Grant — Training and $7,500 in Grant Money will be awarded!
A partnership with Believe in Bristol and Wells Fargo.
- Do you have an idea that will help continue to grow Historic Downtown Bristol VA/TN?
- Are you an entrepreneur and local community advocate?
- Are you just getting started with your product or service idea and think that downtown is the right fit?
- Are you already in business downtown but have plan to expand your business offering new services or growing your current location?
If so, you are eligible to participate in the Ben Collins Memorial Entrepreneur Grant Program.
Thanks to a Community Development grant from Wells Fargo, Believe in Bristol will be awarding a total of $7,500 in grant funding to TWO winning and innovative businesses for downtown Bristol! Applicants will apply online at www.believeinbristol.org/business/eprize-form or in person at the Believe in Bristol office located at 20 6th Street, Bristol, TN. Applications accepted September 8th – September 25th, 2019.
Applicants will be notified by Friday, September 28th, 2019 if they are selected to move forward with the interview process. Applicant interviews will be scheduled the week of September 30th – October 3rd, 2019.
The top 10 businesses selected to move forward in the grant program will be notified by Friday, October 4th, 2019.
- Week 1 – What is a Business Plan? – October 8, 2019
- Week 2 – Business Structure: From a Tax and Legal Perspective – October 15, 2019
- Week 3 – Discovering the Bottom Line & Cash Flow – October 29, 2019
- Week 4 – Customer Service & Adaptability – November 12, 2019
- Week 5 – Understanding Your Market – November 19, 2019
- Pitch Day – Thursday, December 12, 2019 – 6:00-9:00 PM (Location TBD)
Class Format: Tuesdays from 6:00-8:00 PM at Bristol Station Brews & Taproom located at 41 Piedmont Avenue Bristol, VA, unless notified otherwise. Refreshments will be provided.
6:00 – 7:00 PM : Expert on Topic
7:00 – 8:00 PM : Field Work Review / Co-Hort Networking
Please note that by participating in this grant process, no reasonable expectation of confidentiality can be expected. This is public grant funded monies and confidentiality can’t be guaranteed.
The grant money is contingent on;
- Opening or expanding a business in the Historic Main Street District of Downtown Bristol
- Participation and attendance in a 5-week training course, which includes 2-hour classes and outside field work.
- Becoming the top business selected by a panel of judges during the final pitch day event.
- Opening or expanding your existing business by June 30, 2020.
- This reimbursement grant maybe used for property ownership, leased space, business licenses, professional training, utilities, computer equipment, restaurant equipment, and/or other business supplies. A formal request to Believe in Bristol along with documentation will be required for the reimbursement.
For questions please call the Believe in Bristol office at 423-573-2201.